A Fauci Covid-19 claim, fact checked
“Well, if you look at the number of deaths, about 99.2 percent of them are unvaccinated. About 0.8 percent are vaccinated.” (Fauci, Meet the Press Interview, July 4th.)
Fauci is not alone in this claim – several Newspapers have covered ‘an analysis done by the Associated Press’, in which this claim first appeared.
* There was indeed a short article by two AP journalists Carla K. Johnson and Mike Stobbe and titled ‘Nearly all COVID deaths in U.S. are now among unvaccinated’.
* For the article, they used CDC data, and claimed the number of deaths in May 2021 was ‘More than 18,000’.
* In reality, they looked at the wrong column in the data. The figure of 18,137 is a moving average on 31st May. It is not the total for May.
* It is also not the number of deaths, but the number of Covid-19 infections.
* The CDC openly admits their data has limitations and states that they have no data on whether these infected people were vaccinated or not! There is nothing in their data that supports this claim.
Fact checked – the claim is Fake News.
- The full Fact Check article with references can be read here: How Accurate is the Claim That Nearly All COVID Deaths are Among…